Fun and adventure are guaranteed in this on-the-go camp for teens entering grades 6-10. This is a great opportunity to hang out with friends while participating in new and exciting activities. Each week will include two destinations from the list below as well as a hike day and a beach day. Participants must bring a snack, lunch, bathing suit, sneakers, and sunscreen to camp each day.
This camp is new for entering 6th graders. HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHILD IS READY FOR TEEN TREK?
In general, the key isn't the age on their birth certificate. It's all about their maturity level and what responsibilities they can and can't handle. Here are some ways to tell if your child is ready:
• They can spend time away from you and are independent and accountable. You trust them on their bike around town, they are responsible and trustworthy in stores/library, and know how to tell time and return home on time.
• They can take care of their own personal items. Stuff that goes to camp and destinations also comes home.
• They do well with group activities and group cooperation. They participate in groups and can adapt when a decision to do ‘X’ is made, even though they wanted ‘Y’.
• They cope with new situations and WANT to go to Teen Trek Camp. Don’t force this camp on them (or any camp) if they don’t want to go.
• They can and do follow instructions. All participants in Teen Trek Camp need to be able to listen to counselors and follow instructions. We are looking to provide fun experiences and the best safety possible.
Registration Deadline is May 15th. This camp must have at least 15 registrants per week by May 15th to run. No refunds after May 15th for withdrawals unless a replacement is found.
Camp Director: Terry Buck
Dates: June 21- July 29 (No Camp the week of 7/4-7/8)
Days: Tuesday - Friday
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (Some trips may return later than 3:00 pm)
Grades: Entering 6 - 10
Location: YHS, front entrance
Fee: $250 per week ($188 for week 3. which will only meet Tuesday-Thursday)
Tentative Trip Destinations: Final Schedule to be posted by Friday, May 20th.
Monkey C Monkey Do
Canobie Lake Park
Backbay Paddle to Fort Gorges
Portland Scavenger Hunt
Mt Abram Bike Park
Dew Haven Zoo
Pirates Cove Mini Golf
Take Flight Aerial Adventure